Wednesday, September 06, 2006

May Allah (swt) bless him

Fredi Kanoute could be set for a clash with his Sevilla paymasters.

The Mali striker is refusing to wear the club's shirt with their team sponsor's name, 888.com, on it as he feels gambling is a sin.

The 29-year-old striker covered the logo with tape during the recent meeting with Barcelona in the Uefa Super Cup final and he is refusing to back down.

"Gambling is the work of Satan," said Kanoute in the Daily Mirror. "It is forbidden by the Koran and I will not play in a shirt that promotes it.

"I have told the club I need a pure shirt and I believe they understand my position.

"They have agreed to what I have asked and will let me wear a shirt with this logo."

Its reported on Sky Sports

May Allah (swt) grant him steadfastness upon the deen, and Jannah inshallah. Ameen

1 Comments:

At 3:45 a.m., Blogger insomniac said...

Ameen :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home