Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Tablighi Jamaat or Terrorist Jihaadis

I cannot figure out where this threat is coming from. Sometimes they say it is the Muslim Brotherhood in the guise of MAB, sometimes they say it is charitable institutions such as Interpal, and now they are again blaming "extremist websites". However, the most hilarious line I saw today was the following in today's Guardian

"Tablighi Jamaat, whose headquarters in Britain is in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, denies any links to terrorism, but US intelligence officers believe the organisation is a recruiting ground for al-Qaida."

Yes, now they are going after the group which is more like the Jehovas Witness than God's Army. This is the group from whom I used to hide up trees when I was younger, praying to God while I was up there that they wouldn't come back in the evening because I would have trouble sneaking out after dark. This is the group which kicked some of my friends out of the jamaat for consistently raising issues about politics and jihad. Seasoned travelers who instil a sense of humility in you, no doubt. Ruthless terrorists, you must be desparate.

1 Comments:

At 9:30 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, that's the funniest link to Al-qaida I've come across to date.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home